Sunday 4 September 2011

My Love Affair with New York..

I realise it’s a cliché, everyone wants to go there etc etc, I don’t care. For thirteen years now, I have been desperate to go to New York. It’s like a really deep longing, I get butterflies when I see it on TV, movies, when I see pictures.
I get really worked up and upset when I listen to songs about there because I’ll probably never have the money to go. It’s like nowhere else I want to see, it’s somewhere that is completely magical to me but at the same time, somewhere that I want to call home. I don’t want to just visit there, I would happily go there and live there until I die.

All my favourite films are set in New York (absolute coincidence!) and I think when I eventually go, I'll be ridiculously happy. I've been warned that it won't live up to my expectations but I very much doubt that. My initial obsession came from photos that my grandmother brought back from her trip there.

Also, Broadway is my idea of heaven! Watching & performing there, can you even imagine?!

No comments:

Post a Comment